ABS Labs, an affiliate of STS, is a leading DEA & ISO/IEC 17025 certified laboratory based in Carrollton, Texas, providing in-state and out of state potency & Cannabinoid testing for Hemp & CBD products.
ABS Labs, an affiliate of STS, is a fully licensed laboratory conducting comprehensive potency testing and analysis for both state-required testing and research-based testing on hemp, CBD and hemp-related products.
As a fully certified DEA and ISO/IEC 17025 laboratory, we provide services for cultivators, dispensaries, and individuals across the United States in hemp and CBD testing. Following Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and ISO 17025;2017 compliance our analytical methods are fully validated by scientists using the latest method development yielding results you can trust.
Our laboratory is designed for high quality productivity and scalability. We can accommodate for significant sample volume without impact to our 48-hour turn-around time pledge. Our prompt results, expedited services and production status notifications provides clients with up to date information. We have made it our mission to connect with the hemp community and our customers by providing services built on quality, integrity and reliability.
Potency is the testing of the cannabinoid content in hemp and hemp-related products. The cannabinoid called delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the main ingredient in marijuana responsible for its psychoactive, or mood-altering abilities. In combination with other cannabinoids, the amount of THC in marijuana determines the strength of the effect of the drug. ABS Labs, measures 15 cannabinoids using both High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) and Liquid Chromatography Tandem Mass Spectrometry LC-MS/MS technologies.
We can receive and test in or out of state hemp samples. No matter where you are located, we will coordinate the sample pick up on your behalf.
- In State Sample Collection: According to the Texas Department of Agriculture, a sample of a hemp crop must be collected for testing before harvest. The hemp crop should be harvested within 15 days from samples collection. Failure to harvest within 15 days from sample collection will trigger a second and final sample collection. The hemp crop must be harvested within 15 days from the second and final sample collection.
- Although sample testing is only required within 15 days prior to harvest in order to determine if the crop has the appropriate THC level; we recommend routine testing during the growing process in order to mitigate risks and make better decisions with your crop. Testing should be performed early during flower stage on weekly basis thereafter increased accordingly as the THC levels rise.
- Out of State Sample Collection: We can also receive and test out of state hemp samples. We facilitate the entire process by coordinating all necessary sample shipment logistics on your behalf. We also provide clientele with access to cloud based electronic reports and production notifications, ensuring the most transparent high-quality results.
- We understand that not every CBD product should be treated the same and that it is of the utmost importance to ensure integrity of the results. We specialize in potency & cannabinoid profiling on CBD most product matrices. To support these trending matrixes, we have successfully developed and validated novel cannabinoids testing methods, on multiple technological platforms (LCMS & HPLC UV), thereby ensuring optimum detection range and selectivity for every product analyzed. We are also continually updating the test menu to follow the latest trend in regulatory standards.
- Our laboratory is designed for high quality productivity and scalability. We can accommodate for significant sample volume without impact to 48 hours turn-around times. Our prompt results, expedited services and production status notifications provides clients with up to date information.
Licenses & Accreditations
- DEA Certified
- ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Certified
- TDA Registered